Welcome to the official website for the campaign to elect Kenny Collins and Aaron Hyndman for General Assembly in New Jersey’s 24th Legislative District!
The goal of our grassroots people-powered campaign is to advance our shared values and principles, based on Ecology, Equality, and Prosperity.
Our policy initiatives will align with the Four Pillars of the Green Party (Peace & Non-Violence, Ecological Wisdom, Social Justice, and Grassroots Democracy). In all that we do, we will seek to make our district and state a better place for all, through the advancement of the Green Party’s 10 Key Values as described below:
1) FACILITATE true Grassroots Democracy by speaking truth to power and giving everyone the opportunity to be a part of this movement for change.
2) ADVANCE Social Justice so that everyone gets fair treatment under the law, giving every New Jerseyan the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
3) EMBRACE Non-Violence on an operational and policy level so that we can work toward lasting peace in our local and global communities.
4) DEFEND our Ecology, knowing that it is our obligation to be good stewards of the resources that we all must share.
5) PROMOTE Sustainability so that New Jersey will have an economic system that is not dependent on continual expansion for survival.
6) INCORPORATE fundamental principles of Economic Justice into our policy alternatives so that every New Jerseyan has the opportunity for meaningful work with dignity, paying a living wage that reflects the real value of a person’s work, with broad citizen participation in economic decision-making to assure protection of the environment and workers’ rights.
7) REFORM a corrupt structure dominated by the elites so that a more decentralized, democratic, and egalitarian system can yield a better quality of life for all of us.
8) RESPECT Gender Equality so that a more cooperative model, without typecasting, will encourage respectful, positive, and responsible relationships that free all members of society to live up to their full potential.
9) ENSURE that there is appropriate Diversity in everything we do, because only then can we be greater than the sum of our parts. That way, true popular democracy can become the status quo, guaranteeing the dignity of the individual, and liberty and justice for all.
10) ENCOURAGE individuals to take responsibility for the well-being of their households and their communities.